Tuesday, December 14, 2010

365 Days, Day 190

May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer (Irish Blessing)

My heart smiled when you kissed my lips. What a sweet surprise (Author unknown)

Men should be like coffee, hot sweet and strong (Dutch Proverb)

I’m not quite sure where today’s theme has come from, other than the picture of cupcakes. Ariel and I made these. Instead of giving Christmas cards to the cast and crew as one usually does, I decided to give each of my fellow panto-thespians: a cupcake with a little tag with their name and a tiny message written specially for them. They went down rather well. Ariél and I do make a good baking team.

Today’s blog is dedicated to all the men (!) I love and have loved.

The emperor in the panto, at one stage says, “Ding Dong!” when the red-hot-chilli-pepper-genie comes onto stage. His own ad-lib comment. He asked me the evening Tom came to watch if Tom would be offended by that. I said he wouldn’t mind.

Thank you, Tom for not minding. For giving me my own space. I enjoy the company of men and I do rather miss my male friends. I miss the coffees and lunches and sharing the stage with G. I miss the lunches and suppers and laughs and long conversations with P. I miss the suppers and catching up on long-forgotten school gossip and laughs and good times with A.

I miss the company of my twins, Kyle and Roarke (my heart aches to see you), and my other son, Allan. I miss Jubber’s jubber-ness! I miss the company of my brothers Doug and Lionel; I really miss the family get-togethers. I miss my Daddy! I miss my nephews, Odin, Darian, and Michael (young men!).

I think about Stan (my late grandfather), how he always used to look after us. When we arrived for a visit, he would go outside to our cars and check the oil and water and whatever else needed checking. He would come back inside and get our drinks ready – I used to always green crème-soda!

I think about Steve (Nicki’s late husband). He was a larger than life man, who 'lived' his life. Whenever I hear this Bon Jovi song I think of Steve:

It's my life

It's now or never

I ain't gonna live forever

I just want to live while I'm alive

(It's my life)

My heart is like an open highway

Like Frankie said

I did it my way

I just wanna live while I'm alive

It's my life

I miss the craziness of Wayne, Mandy’s husband; he always has a smile and a hug for everyone.

So… I am closing my eyes and thinking of each of you: and sending you my love, a huge hug and a kiss (on the cheek, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment