Wednesday, December 22, 2010

365 Days, Day 198

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey (Stephen R. Covey)

Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before (Erich Fromm)

I had to leave my comfort zone to start on my spiritual journey. Seeds have been planted along the way during my life, but they have remained dormant until the time was ripe for the Journey to begin.

Away from my history I am vulnerable and have to look with new eyes. I am a baby on this journey. I see things with the eyes of a child yet I bring with me the wisdom of my lives. My soul has seen so many things…

Reiki is a step onto the spiritual path. And I know this is where I am meant to be at moment.

I am trying very hard to make time in my life for quiet: to be one with the universe. I tend to fill my life with busy-ness. I am learning that to be ‘alone’ is not ‘lonely’. I am learning to stop wanting to control people (!?), situations and outcomes. I am learning that I will be only be dealt what I can deal with. I am trying to surround myself with positive energy when possible, and to not allow negative energy to pull me down. I am learning the importance of communicating my feelings, and that I have a right to do this and express my anger at times – and then to let go of negative feelings. I am learning to cherish. I am learning that to be small does no serve the world: that I am entitled to let my light shine. I am learning about the at-one-ment with the universe.

I am learning to live in the present moment.

Our true home is in the present moment.

To live in the present moment is a miracle.

The miracle is not to walk on water.

The miracle is to walk on the green Earth in the present moment,

to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now.

Peace is all around us-

in the world and in nature-

and within us,

in our bodies and our spirits.

Once we learn to touch the peace,

we will be healed and transformed.

It is not a matter of faith;

it is a matter of practice.

(Thich Nhat Hanh)

No comments:

Post a Comment