Monday, July 19, 2010

365 Days, Day 42


We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.” (Jeremy Irons)


Do not dwell in the past; do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. (Buddha)


Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. (M. Scott Peck)


A Time For Now

a time to cheer, a time to cry,

a time to live, a time to die,

a time to sleep, a time to wake,

a time for real, a time for fake,

a time for truth, a time to lie,

a time to laugh, a time to sigh,

a time to stand, a time to fall,

a time for one, a time for all,

a time for love, a time for hate,

a time to run, a time to wait,

a time to stay, a time to flee,

a time for you, a time for me.

Arik Fletcher


The days fly past. In a few days’ time my little precious Ariél will be 20 years old. It seems just the other day that she was vulvy-one (fluffy-one), Tillymalinks (skinnymalinks) and Tallywag (scallywag) who liked mi-ma (pink milk) and wore pretty pink yo-yo’sh (socks) and woosh (shoes). Now she is a beautiful young lady about to start at Sussex University in September. She still laughs at my jokes… although probably she’s laughing at me, not so much at my jokes, come to think of it. She teases me about my “way-with-words” because I do tend to put my foot into things I say. She’s someone I’d want in my corner in the case of a crisis. She’s funny (funny-ha-ha, not funny-peculiar), intelligent, creative and has a mind of her own (which could read = stubborn!)


Kyle and Roarke will always be my little boys, the tiny twins who were too born two months to soon, who had and still have guardian angels to watch over them (who sometimes drive faster than their angels can fly!) thank you Guardian Angels for watching over my boys while I am so far away. Actually their angels have names now: Kyle's is Sarah and Roarke's is Gina! = Thank you, you two beautiful girls, from the bottom of my heart for looking after our boys.


Right now, my mind wants to take the time-machine back and dwell in the past (memories are precious), it sometimes takes journeys forward and dreams of the future when…


But I know I need to concentrate on where I am NOW in my life. I need to accept ,on a deep level, my present context and focus on being happy in the present. I need to be at peace with myself, my body, and my circumstances. I need to live each day with love and an awareness of my world. It is time for me to be a caretaker of Tom and Ariél, and make their lives comfortable and happy.


I do this with love.

5 comments:

  1. This remindss me of:

    Time - performed by Sir Laurence Olivier

    Stand before me on the sign of infinity,
    all you of the earth.
    With the granting of the law of provination
    comes the application of change.

    I will give you the key.
    And with this knowledge, please realise,
    comes the responsibility of sharing it.
    I will show you the way.

    It's very simple. Throughout the universe
    there is order.

    In the movement of the planets, in nature
    and in the functioning of the human mind.
    A mind that is in its natural state of order,
    is in harmony with the universe
    and such a mind is timeless.

    Your life is an expression of your mind.
    You are the creator of your own Universe -
    For as a human being, you are free to will whatever
    state of being you desire through the use of your
    thoughts and words.

    There is great power there.

    It can be a blessing or a curse -
    It's entirely up to you.
    For the quality of your life is brought about
    by the quality of your thinking -
    think about that.

    Thoughts produce actions -
    look at what you're thinking.

    See the pettiness and the envy and the greed and the
    fear and all the other attitudes that causes
    you pain and discomfort.

    Realize that the one thing you have absolute
    control over is your attitude.

    See the effect that it has on those around you.
    For each life is linked to all life
    and your words carry with them chain reactions
    like a stone that is thrown into a pond.

    If your thinking is in order,
    your words will flow directly from the heart
    creating ripples of love.

    If you truly want to change your world, my friends,
    you must change your thinking.

    Reason is your greatest tool,
    it creates an atmosphere of understanding,
    which leads to caring which is love.

    Choose your words with care.
    Go forth ... with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.microshare.net/weblog/download/time.mp3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful. And very thought provoking. I am going to print it out and put it on my pin board. Thank you, Doug. Love you X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    Just wanted to say thanks for featuring my poem- "a time for now". Really glad you connected with it. :-)

    Regards,

    Arik Fletcher
    Nekatu Poetry

    ReplyDelete