Sunday, June 5, 2011

365 Days, Day 355

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing (Marc Chagall)

Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force...When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand. Ideas actually begin to grow within us and come to life... When we listen to people there is an alternating current, and this recharges us so that we never get tired of each other... and it is this little creative fountain inside us that begins to spring and cast up new thoughts and unexpected laughter and wisdom. ... Well, it is when people really listen to us, with quiet fascinated attention, which the little fountain begins to work again, to accelerate in the most surprising way (Brenda Ueland)

The creative process is a process of surrender, not control (Julia Cameron)

Lessons learned from this costume making experience

I need to follow my nurturing path.

I need to be a nurturer.

I also need to be creative and make, from my own time and space.

I have also realised that I am good at what I do – I am a perfectionist (which is not necessarily a good thing).

In order to cope with stress, I need to be super-organised.

I am too old to be part of someone else’s obsession – I need to create my own.

My home needs me.

I have enjoyed exploring London (even the seedier parts) except when having to carry a heavy sewing machine (on the tubes and walking down into the seedier part of Camden)!

I would very much like to train in massage and aromatherapy.

There is SO much inside of me waiting to be set free – I need desperately to get the creative juices flowing.

I need to dance.

I need to be more sensual.

I need to surrender…

Something I read today: Ask others to name what they think is your most overlooked talent or character trait. Anyone care to respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment