Wednesday, June 1, 2011

365 Days, Day 352

Most locked doors are in your mind (Harry Houdini)

I was in rehearsals, waiting behind a door to come out while a couple onstage were having a row. They started throwing furniture and a chair lodged in front of the door.

My cue came and I could only get halfway in. I stopped and said, 'I can't get in. The chair's in the way.'

And the producer said, 'Use the difficulty.'

I said, 'What do you mean?'

And he said, 'Well, if it's a drama [you're acting in], pick up the chair and smash it. If it's a comedy, fall over it.'

This idea stuck in my mind, and I taught it to my children -- that any situation in life that's negative, there is something positive you can do with it.

(Michael Caine)

I spent most of the day travelling around London looking for fabric. Not a very productive day. I think this new door is somewhat jammed or the re is a “chair” in the way. Will mull over the how to “use the difficulty”…

No comments:

Post a Comment