Tuesday, May 31, 2011

365 Days, Day 351

To fly one must first shed the weights of doubt (Carlene Primus)

You were born with potential

You were born with goodness and trust

You were born with ideals and dreams

You were born with greatness

You were born with wings

You are not meant for crawling, so don't

You have wings

Learn to use them, and fly

(Mevlana Rumi 1207 - 1273)

A hunch is angel talk, and probably should not be ignored.

Listen to your hunches, pay attention to your intuition, do not dismiss your random thoughts, inspirations or ideas.

Heaven talks in snippets, not in speeches.

Angels whisper fast.

They have to when they're flying around...

Honour your Hints from Heaven.

They could be giving you the best advice you ever had.

(Neale Donald Walsch)

This statue by Albert Toft is part of The Hall of Memory in Centenary Square, Birmingham (which commemorates the 12,320 Birmingham citizens who died in World War I). There are four statues on the outside of the memorial representing Army, Navy, Air Force and Women's Services. From my quotes you can guess which this one represents.

I remember doing my matric final English speech on aviation and how it fascinated me. I am still somewhat attracted to flying, but these days helicopters of a military nature instil a passion within me. Past life…

Today I labelled myself as an ‘artist’. I felt like I was stirring my wings a little. Maybe if I shed the weights of my doubts (about being an artist), I will take off and fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment