Wednesday, May 18, 2011

365 Days, Day 339

The coffee mixes with the cream only if you STIR it up! (Zoomair)

A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked (Anaïs Nin)

At a little table in the sunlight overlooking the cathedral, armed with a cappuccino obtained after a flinging about a few French words and many hand and arm gestures, I sat with my book and sketch paper. At 12h05 the church bells resounded across the mirror lake to envelope me in resonance.

My cappuccino was sublime. I did not expect it come with cream. Or a biscuit. Or with a square of nougat. I tried to read in the sun but the words turned green and were moving across the page, so I did some sketches. Of dress ideas for the mother-of-the-bridegroom (!) and for a poster I have to create for the Barn. I was engrossed in my tasks and did not take in any other people around me. I will have to return there for a repeat cappuccino and a bask in the little life-moments around me.

My coffee moments…

No comments:

Post a Comment