Sunday, May 15, 2011

365 Days, Day 336

What matters most is how you see yourself (Unknown)

I've learned that my goal shouldn't be to affect change. It's too easy to think I've failed because rarely is the person who plants the seed of change the person to see it bloom. Instead I've decided to make my goal to affect good. Trying to affect change can feel overwhelming, but good always self-propagates and ultimately leads to the change we're usually after (Unknown)

Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren't any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn't be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life's challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person (R. Buckminster Fuller)

It has been good having Sarah and Kyle to visit; I enjoy their company and always have a good laugh with them. Sarah and I have agreed to visit each other when one of us needs cheering up!

When I was at Findhorn, my angel card was “Wellbeing”. I have had it on my bedside table for nearly two years. Yesterday Lily chewed the Wellbeing card.

After the little downward deluge, I am now surrounding myself with positivity, eschewing negative thoughts and words. I am setting about re-inventing the new me. In essence I will still be the old me, just with a new covering?

I am off to invent an imaginary new me, who will be bigger and better and stronger, with bells and whistles. (This is somewhat inspired by Steampunk, methinks).

No comments:

Post a Comment