Thursday, June 9, 2011

365 Days, Day 359


The real skill is to raise the sails and to catch the power of the wind as it passes by (Thomas Berry)

If you're like many of us, you've spent years trying to feel comfortable in your own skin and to figure out what to do with your life. This is your most important purpose: to fully move into the power of your authentic self and to discover how to put that power to work in the world. There's a reason why you are here and a special way to accomplish your role in the world. But so much of us feel a lack of clarity around all this. We feel out of touch with our true nature and aren't sure why (Jean Haner)

AriĆ©l and I have been throwing out ideas for what sort of business we could start together. She surprised me by saying we should start a catering business. She said, “You have to admit we are a-maz-ing cooks.” Hmm hadn’t quite thought of that as one of my strengths [powers]. My interest is piqued. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

A movement is needed, into the power of my authentic self. What are my powers [strengths]? Tick-tock, tick-tock.

My friend Gill sent me a text today telling me why I am ‘perfect’:

“[You’re] a fab wife, mother and friend. Actress, artist and [you’re] inspiring too. You have great clothes sense and lovely hair. [You’re] terribly brave with the move and travelling. You have more talent in your little finger than most people have in their whole bodies”. Aw bless! This really made my day. Thank you Gill!

So what to do with all my powers [strengths]? How can I harness them to start a business? Tick-tock, tick-tock.

At the moment I am trying very hard to work with love, as I sew the costumes (volunteer work). I, being me, insist on them being perfect and lined. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

No comments:

Post a Comment