Thursday, June 17, 2010

365 Days, Day 10



“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” [Maya Angelou]

My philosophy in life is to: be kind, to do what I do in life with love. What goes round comes round: karma.
Every morning when I go have to go and 'teach', I take a deep breath and think: do this with love. I am respectful, polite and friendly to the students. It really amazes me that this does not work on many of the students: I feel quite 'abused' by the end of the day. The lack of respect many of the students have for adults, and lack of self-respect AND lack of work ethic makes me deeply sad...
I don't feel like I am making a "difference" in their lives... Very sad.
BUT
I shall carry on regardless with my cheery outlook and journey along my life-path, weathering the humpy-rumpy parts of the road and the smooth parts.
And come out stronger at the end... at the 'end' of this life??

No comments:

Post a Comment