Thursday, June 24, 2010

365 Days, Day 17

















British Summer!


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time. [John Lubbock]

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

We have had a few lovely days of sunny warm weather - am loving it!
I haven't worked this week at all, a bit worrying financially, but I have loved being able to be with Ariel. Ari and I had a picnic in the garden for lunch consisting of olives, cheese and a plum...
I remember the satsuma plums that we used to eat from Nan's tree in her back garden, the taste infuses my memories, I remember swimming at Nan's house in the summer, with extended family lounging on Stan's immaculate lawn; later the energy levels would wax and we would play rounders or some ball game with the adults... There was generally a sweet, dripping watermelon consumed at some stage in the day.
Summer is different here...

I have become a bit obsessed with my paintings... Every time I walk past I see something that needs adjusting. And I somehow manage to get paint all over myself, in weird places- my forehead underneath my fringe, the bottom of my dress, my wrist...


No comments:

Post a Comment