Sunday, June 27, 2010

365 Days, Day 20

“I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities" (Dr. Seuss).

“I reject your reality and substitute it [with] my own” (Adam Savage).

Some days feel surreal. Today has been a wonderfully scorching HOT summer’s day in South England! It could be a lovely summer’s day back in South Africa. Tom has been uncomfortably hot, but I love it. We have had an easy day at home. Couldn’t watch the end of the football: too depressing. We took Lily for her first ever walkies, to Tilgate forest. She couldn’t walk very far, being so tiny. She brought a teeny stick back with her, and is now flat on her back in her basket, fast asleep.

I am feeling that I need

more nonsense

in my thinking

I am looking at life

too seriously:

what has happened

to the silliness and fun…

I shall recapture it

I shall make a net

from moth-eaten

tulle

dyed purple

attached to a twig

from the forest

I shall wait in a corner

and leap out

and capture

Nonsense

1 comment: