Wednesday, June 23, 2010

365 Days, Day 16


Today Ariel (still feeling poorly!) wanted me to come and lie outside in the sun with her on a blanket. My immediate thoughts were: can't do that now, have washing/cleaning/painting to do... How often does one's 19 year old daughter ask you do something as beautifully simple as lying outside together on the lawn on the grass under a tree? How many more times am I going to be privileged enough to have her ask me that? I gathered (colour co-ordinated) pillows, blankets and scarves and went to join her. My little blessing, you have no idea how much I adore being with you, and being even a tiny part of your life... Thank you for times we have had together and the times we will still have together.
Bloodline. I yearn for my boys...

the churning
the waiting
continues
the restlessness
boils
below the surface
the cocoon silk
binds
ever stronger
regeneration
will unfurl
when the time
is right

No comments:

Post a Comment