Saturday, June 26, 2010

365 Days, Day 19


Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stitched with its colour.
[W.S. Merwin]

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. [Claudia Ghandi]

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell. [Edna St Vincent Millay]

Lily is still the focus of our attention at the moment. It is hard work having a new puppy in the house!

Tom and I did a bit of gardening later this evening once the heat of the day had passed. He mowed the lawn while I trimmed the hedges.

We now have a 'cage' for Lily so she has her own little bedroom where she can escape when she wants to.

Spoke to Mum and Dad on skype; Dad looks so pale and frail. Wish I was there to give you support... Sending you both my love and prayers. X

Spoke to Ada on skype to and introduced Lily to her in between the webcam working and not working. Ada gave us some tips on puppy training.

Spoke to Kyle last night on skype. Oh I so wish I could be there for your Birthday, my boys... You would think after this time I would be used to not having you nearby - but I still ache for your company.

This is for ALL my family and friends back in Africa: my heart is aching for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment