Wednesday, June 30, 2010

365 Days, Day 23


I was very excited to have a comment posted! Thank you, Aileen! I thought I'd be a bit gutted if NOBODY replied! Aileen when are you going to start your 365 days 'challenge'??


“Never by reflection, but only by doing is self-knowledge possible to one.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

“Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” (Barbara De Angelis)


I don't give myself enough real moments of solitude or self-reflection, such important part of my holistic self... Don't worry: I shan't start ruminating and reflecting here. I think the self-reflection needs to be practiced in a calm quiet place aided by Nature. So what I need to do is set time aside every so often, take a walk down to the forest and sit in a quiet, still place and... reflect. But having said that I am not self-disciplined enough! I will find things that need to be 'done' rather than going off for solitude. I will procrastinate. I will first need a cup of coffee(!). I will have doggy-do to clean up and sanitise the floor. If I do get to go and sit quietly in the forest, my reflections will take on a mind of their own. I will start out rationally and follow my breathing, slow and even. My mind will go inwards and I will look at a 'flame'. I will see the orange blue of the flame... then I will think of a dress made of orange and blue organza floating in the wind. Spiralling. Billowing. Like washing on the line- I don't have a washing here, not like the one in Estelle Street, at the back of the house outside the laundry next to the studio. The studio where I used to paint and do my art projects. I loved the little family-tree amphora I made. About 50 of them...


AND THAT is how my 'reflection' goes!! My mind has a path of its own! Perhaps I need to tame it, tie it down. Hhhmmm. Tying. Binding. I loved my bound Barbie project...


OK!! I am going now. To make some coffee.


(Would still love some feedback)

Realisation: perhaps no-one [except Aileen :) ] reads my blog!!


:O



4 comments:

  1. Here is a hug from Mauritius. Unfortunatly its a bit rainy here but at least its warm. Your bolg is continually open on my laptop waiting for your next post. You will have to load googleanalytics and then you can track exactly how many are following your blog.

    Love you
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must show your mom and dad this and see if they can follow you. i was going to start on the weekend and then kayla.... need i say more!? I will start - just hopefully not in 365 days. these 6 weeks school holidays are jolly restricting on a mommy you know!
    “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” (Barbara De Angelis) This quote is just so relevant - gosh. if i got a month of solitude i may start balancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest assured that I read your blog entries every day. I just don't post any comments because I GET TO SLEEP WITH THE AUTHOR - LUCKY ME !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we could have one of those times together, sitting under a tree in our own little worlds, no words needed. Then we could right our thoughts on letters and swap at going home - what do you think ???

    ReplyDelete