Tuesday, August 3, 2010

365 Days, Day 57

Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced (Swami Vivekananda)


I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas (Albert Einstein)


New ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can't be done. 2) It probably can be done, but it's not worth doing. 3) I knew it was a good idea all along! (Arthur C. Clarke)


I have a dream. It is new idea which formulated last night as I lay awake, fuelled by the doorway with the legend "healer" on it, the labyrinth of my dreams and by a text I received late last night from my friend, Gill.


I would like to have a special studio or artist’s workspace (at the cottage of my dreams). Here I will hold workshops. There will be time for a mixed media ‘art’ project [perhaps a journal, where we start from making the actual ‘book’ or clay work] to be worked on during an intensive week, or which will evolve over a few weeks or even months. There will be time to share (one-to-one or in a group). There will be time for a special celebration ritual (involving nature and rhythm). There may be time for a movement/dance. There will be times of silence; times of chatter. There will be time to walk in the labyrinth. Time to reflect. Time for inner reflection or just to sit quietly and be.


In the bigger dream, there will be time for the healing hands of Nicki.


It will be a journey embarked upon with me. The travellers on this journey do not need any qualification or ‘talent’ just a desire to embark upon this passage, to enter the doorway.


Come, I will take your hand and walk beside you.



1 comment:

  1. love you, love the idea, cant wait to be there :) xx

    ReplyDelete