Tuesday, August 24, 2010

365 Days, Day 78


Come Fairies, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame! (William Butler Yeats)


Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly! (Author Unknown)


No child but must remember laying his head in the grass, staring into the infinitesimal forest and seeing it grow populous with fairy armies. (Robert Louis Stevenson, Essays in the Art of Writing)


Don’t ever neglect the child within: protect and nourish her/him. They will provide you with new eyes and ears. They will add delight to your life.


On a warm day, take a blanket and a friend outside and lie down. Let the child within enjoy the shapes of the clouds, which transform into new creatures as you watch. I remember doing this with my mum as a child. And I did it with my children when they were little. And AriƩl and I watched the UK clouds together recently. After the cloud watching, let the child within enjoy some pretty little cupcakes topped with hundreds-and-thousands. Save some for the fairies.


When we walk in the forest with Lily, I think she sees more fairies than we do because her mind isn’t cluttered with ‘reality’. Let your child within come out to play. So next time you are out walking in a forest, tread softly and lift the fern fronds slowly. Perchance you will come across a fairy. If you listen carefully you might hear their singing.


Okay, so now, I might be perceived as being a little odd… but nonetheless I will continue.

I have a delightful book of Fairy-Fashion; each outfit was designed and made of petals, leaves and seeds. Such creativity tickles me.


My art therapy workshop will have a fairy day which will start with a walk in the forest to collect materials and inspiration. It will end with a fairy circle banquet. To release the faerie within, so you can spread your wings and fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment