Sunday, August 15, 2010

365 Days, Day 69

We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents (Henry Ward Beecher)


In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future (Alex Haley)


Handsome Kyle looking adoringly at his Sarah.


When he was little, his cousin Odin (for reasons known only to Odin) decided one day to stick a pin into Kyle’s hand. This must have hurt quite a bit because Kyle squealed. Later I was ‘replaying’ the story in what was meant to be a humorous dramatic adaptation. I said Odin probably imagined he was fencing and went up to Kyle and said, “En garde: ATTACK!” Kyle with huge eyes, most indignantly protested, “It wasn’t a tack – it was a PIN!”


When Kyle was about 16 I was fed up with cooking day in day out and said' "I wish I had a personal chef!" Kyle said' "If you pay me I will be your chef." So I taught him to cook , from recipes and my own style. He would plan and cook the evening meal every afternoon when he got back from school. He soon disregarded the recipes and just, with flair, developed his own style. Oh how wonderful it was to have a personal little chef! His signature dish is a chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with… I can’t give away secret recipe…


Kyle and Sarah have taken on the responsibility of looking after out 5 bed roomed home. Sarah has with much creativity and flair added her own touches and has made it into their own space. Kyle is a friendly soul, who is kind and giving. [He will make a wonderful husband!]


Kyle is also an exceptionally talented artist. His drawings are astonishingly detailed and creative: he too has extraordinary vision in his art work. His ability to perceive objects in 3D is one of his gifts. I am in awe of his talent.


Tom and I have been truly blessed with all three of our children. It has been a wonderful journey having them in our lives. I treasure each moment spent with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment