Sunday, August 8, 2010

365 Days, Day 62

Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul (The Koran)

Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair... (Susan Polis Shutz)

The garden here in Maidenbower has changed with the seasons. The glorious array of spring flowers gave way to flowering shrubs with, flowers of yellow, pink and bright purple. Because we are not familiar with the plants, each flowering was a little unexpected treat. I replanted my hanging baskets, but am only starting to get an idea of what and how many plants to plant in each… Simphiwe, the fairy, watches over the petunias in their basket.

God watches over the flowers in her garden.

My heart feels sad today, that I am so far away from my family, when my dad is so poorly: so weak, tired and fragile. He’s my dad – invincible and strong, always there, always busy making things, figuring things out, always full of energy… My mum, such a very strong, positive woman, I want to be there to hold her hand and be a shoulder for her to cry on, as she soldiers on caring for dad…

My mum-in-law is also weak and fragile, her heart is slowing down. She has led such a very interesting life… I cannot even begin to imagine what each day during the war, in Italy, was like for her; coming to a foreign country as a young war bride… I would like to sit with her and hear her whole story…I admire her strength of character.

God watches over her children…

No comments:

Post a Comment