Wednesday, August 25, 2010

365 Days, Day 79

Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, quality of the imagination, a vigour of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life (Samuel Ullman)


Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That or a kick-ass red lipstick (Gwyneth Paltrow)


My theme for today and maybe for the rest of the week is: RED. That’s because I happened to take red photos today. And I like red: it’s my new winter colour. I bought a huge red handbag for winter, which is quite ridiculous (the size, not the colour) because being so capacious, I can never find anything in it! When I saw this beautiful cherry red bag, I decided that this would be my new winter colour. So, I shall have red hair this winter. I have red lipstick, a red flower for my hair, a red scarf, a red leather jacket and red gloves. All I need is a pair of red shoes. Or boots.


I looked up some meanings of the colour red.

Red is the warmest of all colours.

Red is the colour most chosen by extroverts and one of the top picks of males.

In China, red is the colour of prosperity and joy.

Red is Tuesday's colour.

Red roses symbolize passionate love.

Red is the colour of blood*, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality.

It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the colour of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:

- increased enthusiasm and interest

- more energy

- action and confidence to go after your dreams

- protection from fears and anxieties

Wearing Red

Wear a red accent piece when you want to present yourself as bold and dynamic. It can boost your confidence if you feel unsure of yourself.

If a woman wears a red dress it usually is associated with sex appeal**.

Chakra associated with Red:

Red is the colour associated with the Root Chakra at the base of the spine (animal or base nature). This chakra deals with life at the level of practicality. It is responsible for maintaining the body's heat and has a relationship with the circulatory system.

(http://www.crystal-cure.com/red.html)


*I love the colour of blood, when it is drawn from the body into those glass tubes. The richness of that dark red is beautiful. I would love a long velvet hooded cape in that colour.


**Okaaay… not so sure that is what I am saying when I wear red… Maybe I do look sexy in red??? Not so sure about the validity of this one!


I shall continue with the colour red tomorrow. Going to visit dad in hospital now… (Oh I also have a very snazzy red hat).



No comments:

Post a Comment