Thursday, November 4, 2010

365 Days, Day 150



Be a rose which gives fragrance even to those who crushes it (Author unknown)

Footfalls echo in the memory,

Down the passage which we did not take,

Towards the door we never opened

Into the rose-garden

(T.S. Eliot)

The last few autumn rose blooms have been picked and are in a glass on my computer desk. So I can see them when I work. And be reminded of my Estelle street rose garden. And of the visit to Margaret Roberts’ Herb farm, where she has wonderful roses; and where I bought some rose fragrance which I mist on myself everyday.

T.S Eliot’s quote stirred my memory of a recurring dream I have about a house I let slip through my fingers many, many dreams ago. It is a beautiful home with unexpected rooms, which I never got or get to see… Nor do I get to go out into the rose garden, which has a black and white checked patio next to it.

I looked up some dream analysis:

Rose Garden

To dream that you are in a rose garden indicates that you are feeling satisfied and happy about some waking situation. [I don’t get to go into my rose garden though]

House

To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche.

Pretty girly roses are a delight to me

No comments:

Post a Comment