Sunday, November 14, 2010

365 Days, Day 160


[Although this says this entry was posted by Tom – this is not the case: I can now not even access the blog on my name from Tom’s pc! I am very frustrated by all this unfathomable technology: why don’t things just work!]

Let your imagination release your imprisoned possibilities (Robert H. Schuller)

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will (George Bernard Shaw)

Perhaps I have been watching too many Hercule Poirot programmes or because they are quite the alternative fashion right now, but I am determined to make myself a pair of spats. I have done some research and found some gorgeous art-inspired spats. I plan to use my leftover handbag fabric. I am limited only by my imagination

First step to draw out what I imagine, and then work out a pattern. A trip to the haberdashery shop or Hobbycraft is next. Once all the little bits are collected, I can star sewing.

Sewing with Lily around is quite a mission. She has discovered that if a chair is left out from the table, she can jump onto the table and can collect in her mouth what she can find, even the little plastic box of pins. She then takes her finds to her nest and chews and nibbles her bounty.

So every time I get up from the table to press a seam in the next room, I have to make sure the chair is well-pushed under the table.

While I am thinking of sewing, I have to make a costume for the genie for the panto. I am thinking red…

No comments:

Post a Comment