Tuesday, November 9, 2010

365 Days, Day 155

She has an eye that could speak, though her tongue were silent (Aaron Hill)

The eye speaks with an eloquence and truthfulness surpassing speech. It is the window out of which the winged thoughts often fly unwittingly. It is the tiny magic mirror on whose crystal surface the moods of feeling fitfully play, like the sunlight and shadow on a still stream (Henry Theodore Tuckerman)

What the eye does not admire the heart does not desire (Proverb)

I was waiting for AriĆ©l today at the Mall (she was in an interview), and I was enticed by a very attractive, very quirky young lady – to have my make up done. So I sat on her chair, and she made me look very pretty(!) right down to the sparkly blue mascara!

I am a very visual person – when someone talks to me I hear what they are saying in pictures. I see what they are saying. Sometimes this leads to interesting pictures in my head. For example if someone says: I am tied up right now… I see them tied to their chair, with their wrist just barely being able to reach their phone, their body arched forward to reach the wrist. And they are possibly blindfolded too, with someone holding a banana to the back of their head, whispering hoarsely: get rid of her!

When I learn things I see the knowledge in terms of pictures and colours. This weekend at the Reiki course during meditation I saw mostly purple and yellow swirling forms…

Sometimes my mouth says things (related to what I see), before my brain can say: stop, think! Like when we were in Pick ‘n Pay and I saw a man walking towards to me, looking at me intently. So I said to him: you think you know me – but you don’t! (Who says things like that to strangers??) The poor man looked rather frightened as he nodded and made a hasty retreat.

My eyes see things and desire them, usually from afar… My eyes like to desire things: I can see the pictures in my head of when I have what I desire…

I love looking at things. I am very grateful for my gift of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment