Thursday, January 6, 2011

365 Days, Day 213

Seek not that the things which happen should happen as you wish; but wish the things which happen to be as they are, and you will have a tranquil flow of life (Epictetus)

Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained (C.S. Lewis)

Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly (St. Francis De Sales)

[This photograph was taken last July – at Ariél’s end of year exhibition. She gained a distinction for her work. Her body of work was so cohesive and to my mind, very mature for her age.]

I like the idea of entering a little cubicle somewhere quiet and white and calm where I can make ‘wishes’ for other people and myself – a wishing space.

I have tried meditating often, and it doesn’t go well. My brain is so mischievous; it roams all over the place when I try to quiet it. Just when I calm down my thoughts, a new one pops into my head. Part of the Reiki 2 course is an introduction on how to meditate, which I am really looking forward to. I would like to imagine that meditating would be like entering Ariél’s wishing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment