Saturday, January 1, 2011

365 Days, Day 208


Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway (Mary Kay Ash)

Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born (Dr. Dale Turner)

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game (Voltaire)

Today Tom and I physically rearranged the furniture in our little house in Maidenbower, in preparation for Kyle and Sarah’s arrival. I guess when there is change in our lives we need to ‘rearrange the furniture’ in our minds too. We have to change thought-patterns, habits, preconceived ideas and even our rituals.

I have always loved changing furniture in my house. I regularly change rooms completely, altering not only the furniture and accessories but also the function of the room. I have not really done that here much. I cannot wait to have my own home again to change and rearrange things at whatever whim takes me. I like the idea of the family coming home and never quite sure what they are going to find… Although I must say that my three children have always been there to lug heavy wardrobes, couches, dining rooms tables, television cabinets and beds upstairs and down. They are very long-suffering. I hope through this that I have instilled in them a desire for change in their lives: that they are at ease with the idea of change and looking at things with new eyes, because some little details have been altered.

I would love to ‘change’ this furniture we have into some graceful French armoire furniture – my dream room has an armoire chaise lounge and an antique dressmakers dummy in the corner… Future doors to be opened, a renewable dream.

In the meantime we are making our home ready for the changes about to befall us – with excitement and a sense of delight we accept this change. I accept with delight and anticipation the changes on my new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment