Monday, January 31, 2011

365 Days, Day 237

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep well?" I said, "No, I made a few mistakes"

(Steven Wright)

On some nights, he has nowhere to sleep, on others he suffers from insomnia. "That's just how it is," thinks the warrior. "I was the one who chose to walk this path."

(Paulo Coelho)

I have taken to having a small naartjie (between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball) next to my glass of water at night. In the early hours of the morning I awaken with an overwhelming hunger. For years I have just ignored it. But one night when I lay wide awake, I thought about the naartjie I had brought upstairs during the day. I peeled it in the dark and ate it. End of the hunger pangs.

Tomorrow is an early morning - we are off to London where AriƩl has an interview. I shall lurk about whilst she is in the interview, perhaps have a cup of coffee and read my new library book about Reiki. I shall take my trusty night-time naartjies with me in case hunger rears its horrible head while I am lurking.

Sarah also has an interview in London, later in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment