Saturday, January 15, 2011

365 Days, Day 221

Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old (Kafka)

Art is not a thing; it is a way (Elbert Hubbard)

To draw you must close your eyes and sing (Pablo Picasso)

I have come across this really lovely idea for art journaling - to get us all going on our art journals. Each day I will post an Art Journal Prompt for the next step in your journal. Each day can be a teeny bit of a work on a double spread page or you can start a new page whenever you like, but just follow the prompt for the day. See box* at end of today’s blog entry.

Today I bought some yellow fur and some icing sugar and butter. Tomorrow I am going to make some Big Yellow shoes from the fur and I will add some bells. I am also going to bake some cupcakes… (!?) Watch this space.

How lucky I am to have my gorgeous AriƩl on hand to see beauty, so I never grow old!

Now before I close my eyes and sing, I will give you today’s Art Journal Prompt:

Art Journal Prompt for DAY 1

Feature an old DIARY / CALENDAR page on your art journal page

No comments:

Post a Comment