Wednesday, January 19, 2011

365 Days, Day 225

There's nothing like a mama-hug (Terri Guillemets)

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me (Author unknown)

If you're angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug - which is all the more reason to do so. It's hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that's precisely what happens when we hug each other (Walter Anderson, The Confidence Course, 1997)

Today I hugged a tree. I could feel the energy even though it was a quick hug. I have decided I need to do this everyday when I walk in the forest!

Crunching along the frosty grass – each little blade of grass individually coated in it little white covering, I thought that each blade realises that it is uniquely important in this huge fairway of grass. From a distance you only see green. Only on closer inspection do you notice the individual blades. Within the life of the blade of grass there is a unity with the whole. The same applies to us. We are important little individuals who will be missed by those with whom we share our lives. We are part of a huge ‘field’, a part of the Universe. We have our important little roles in life and we need to do these roles with diligence and love, even the menial tasks (this one is for you, Ariél!).

The 5 Reiki principles that I take with me everyday are-

[Just for today]:

Work with diligence

Do not anger

Do not worry

Be grateful

Be kind to others

I am loving having my ‘chickens’ around me [Ariél, Kyle and Sarah] (just missing my last little chickens, Roarke and Gina). I enjoy the role of being mum! I have another guinea-pig for Reiki – Sarah has patiently lain down for a session and wants more.

We had a long wonderful walk this morning. Poor Lily was quite exhausted by the time we got home.

* * *

Today’s Art Journal Prompt:

Art Journal Prompt for DAY 5

Play with Masking Tape on your art journal page

My words for 2011 are: Beginnings, awakening

Visually I see doors and nests…

No comments:

Post a Comment