Tuesday, January 25, 2011

365 Days, Day 231

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that's the essence of inhumanity (George Bernard Shaw)

Learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; it is free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery, and enchantment (Deepak Chopra)

Our soul, our true self, is the most mysterious, essential, and magical dimension of our being. In fact, it is not a separate reality, as traditional Western thought views it, but the cohesive force that unites our body, heart, and mind. It is not a ghost trapped somehow in the physical machinery of our body but the very essence of our being (Gabrielle Roth)

I had this little whisper that my theme for the day should be essence. Now that I researched my quotes about essence, I have no idea what to write!

What is essence?

Vanilla essence is the first thing that comes to mind. And then almond essence, which tastes very good in icing on cupcakes.

Or it is the purest form of something…

I have a tired puppy on my hands, Lily is squealing because she is out of routine and wants to go to bed now. So I am going to take her to her bed.

How’s that for an excuse for not writing anymore!

* * *

Today’s Art Journal Prompt:

Art Journal Prompt for DAY 11

Feature prints on your art journal page

Have chatted to Gina about dresses and cakes… but I don’t know very much because it is a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment