Monday, January 24, 2011

365 Days, Day 230


Our time on this earth is sacred, and we should celebrate every moment.

The importance of this has been completely forgotten: even religious holidays have been transformed into opportunities to go to the beach or the park or skiing. There are no more rituals. Ordinary actions can no longer be transformed into manifestations of the sacred. We cook and complain that it's a waste of time, when we should be pouring our love into making that food. We work and believe it's a divine curse, when we should be using our skills to bring pleasure and to spread the energy of the Mother (Paulo Coelho)

It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting (Paulo Coelho)

Sarah has prompted me to create a ‘sacred space’ in my room. I haven’t really had my ‘special place’ in the home where we are now. Our definition of what is sacred to us can evolve and change over time. Right now I need quiet, tranquillity and a sense of serenity in my sacred space. I have a desire within me to make the space into something beautiful and meaningful to me.

I found these ideas the kinds of items one could add to a sacred space:

Mementos: personal items that are meaningful to you

Talismans: symbols of peace and safety

Visual art: your own, your friends', postcards of famous works

Photographs of loved ones and special places

Statuary: traditional symbols of divine and protective energies

Stones and shells that hold memories from special places

Candles and incense

Colour, light, texture, fabrics, carpets, mirrors, fountains, chimes

Plants, flowers and other living things

Musical instruments and favourite calming music or ambient music CDs

Personal divination tools such as the I Ching, The Tarot, the Runes

Sacred texts or words of wisdom — from any and all faiths

I might add some of these. So far I have my golden Buddha with prayer beads around his neck (from Maro when she went to Greece years ago when I taught her children), I have my chakra crystals, my rose quartz and the Labradorite that Hazel gave me before we moved here, and a candle. I now have the chimes that you can see in the photograph. Tom bought them for me.

I need to add a plant, and I might add the framed Reiki principles that our Reiki Master gave us. I will know what feels right when I place it there. I will imbue the sacred space with love and light.


* * *

Today’s Art Journal Prompt:

Art Journal Prompt for DAY 10

Feature WAX in your art journal page

Gina’s ring: is not going to have an emerald, it is to be a sapphire. I get the news via the grapevine! It is going to be a very small wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment