Thursday, January 13, 2011

365 Days, Day 219

I discovered that searching can be as interesting as finding (Paulo Coelho)

You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one; each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle (Paulo Coelho)

Tea ceremony is a way of worshipping the beautiful and the simple. All one’s efforts are concentrated on trying to achieve perfection through the imperfect gestures of daily life. Its beauty consists in the respect with which it is performed. If a mere cup of tea can bring us closer to God, we should watch out for all the other dozens of opportunities that each ordinary day offers us. (Tea master, Okakura Kakuzo)

It is not so much the content of day that is important, but what we do with each moment. I am becoming more and more aware of how important it is to live in each moment. I realise this sounds somewhat arcane, but because my life has become so much quieter and calmer, I have found it necessary to re-evaluate my life. Little things gain more importance and meaning if the intention is there. If I intend for the little bit of preening that I do to my indoor plants to be a sacred space in time – it becomes a special time imbued with meaning, if only for me.

I find the moments before, during and after my Reiki sessions (with AriƩl) are my little bit of sacred space. They are little miracles in my day. Even though my routines may be very similar, I have started being aware of looking for little beautiful moments. So even a text or email from you, or if I am lucky enough, sharing a cup of coffee with you becomes a golden moment.

Searching for and identifying each moment can be as interesting as finding and relishing the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment