Wednesday, February 2, 2011

365 Days, Day 239


I vow to interpret every experience as a direct healing of the Goddess with my soul (Rob Brezsny)

Butterflies represent transformation. They evolve from a caterpillar into a beautiful, wondrous being - much like a woman finding her inner goddess; her personal power (Nicole Graham)

Pretend you're a goddess (Cecilia Proffitt)

With no idea what to do for today’s blog, I looked at quotes for inspiration and found these that I rather liked.

I spend my life trying to pretend I am a goddess, only it doesn’t always seem to work! I am the only one who thinks she sees the inner goddess, and I still get to do the dishes. I vary the washing by occasionally putting a small dog in the kitchen sink and washing miss Lily. She doesn’t mind too much. Today she had a resigned look on her face, and proceeded to dig about amongst the cleaning utensils. The steel wool was an interesting challenge for her.

When reading feedback on the Big Yellow feet interview (no I didn’t get the job) I felt like a tiny part of the inner goddess was emerging. Greg (the director) was very eloquent and flattering: he is obviously very good at the art of telling-you-that-he-doesn’t-want-you-but-that-you-are-marvellous-and-someone-else-in-creative-environment-is-sure-to-love-you. I felt goddess-like for a moment.

As I put another load of washing into the tumble dryer, I rootle around for my inner goddess, and come out with some knickers and an odd sock from the back of the tumble dryer. No inner goddess…

I’ll have to keep on searching.


1 comment:

  1. To my dear Goddess-Sista-across-the-Ocean. You are magnificent and funny and special and a little sad and beautiful and unique and an absolute Goddess. You have the power and the strength to be ANYTHING you want. It is all within you - the magnificence of the mountains, the rhythm of the ocean, the warmth of the sun, the love of God and mother, the gentleness of spirit, the power of the moon. Tap into it - it is all yours. xx

    ReplyDelete