Monday, February 7, 2011

365 Days, Day 244

I am a book of snow,

a spacious hand,

an open meadow,

a circle that waits,

I belong to the earth and its winter

(Pablo Neruda)

We will surely get to our destination if we join hands (Aung San Suu Kyi)

To receive everything, one must open one’s hands and give (Taisen Deshimaru)

My hands have dug into mud and clay, they have stroked many dogs and cats, and they have plunged into porridgy pots and cleaned out dusty, sooty spaces. When I make art, I love using my hands – I get down and dirty with the paints using my fingers to spread and blend the oil colours ( I do use brushes too); I love working with media with very tactile qualities. My eyes often see texture and have to touch. Last week in London, when I was sitting in a coffee shop, I saw a rather effeminate man at a table opposite me, wearing a very ostentatious fur coat. As I got up to leave I went over and asked him if he minded if I touched his coat. He didn’t mind, so I did. Very disappointing – it was not as lush as it looked: it was cheap faux fur.

Before I give a Reiki session, I put my hands together in gasho prayer position (gasho means: two hands coming together), with thumbs touching your heart chakra. I like this. It brings one’s focus inwards. We used to start and end yoga with Adele, like this too.

I have become even more aware of my own hands since my Reiki attunements; the sensation, as my awareness and intuition grows, is remarkable. I am humbled and grateful that I have wonderful creating, healing hands.

I have applied for quite a few costume maker jobs: wouldn’t it be fun to work with hands, creating and making!

I put my hands together in gasho and quietly send Reiki love and light to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment