Thursday, February 17, 2011

365 Days, Day 254


All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness (Eckhart Tolle)

In order to create, we draw from our inner well. This inner well, an artistic reservoir, is ideally like a well stocked fish pond... If we don't give some attention to upkeep, our well is apt to become depleted, stagnant, or blocked... As artists, we must learn to be self nourishing. We must become alert enough to consciously replenish our creative resources as we draw on them - to restock the trout pond, so to speak (Julia Cameron)

Today’s artist’s ramblings

Yes, those are bees.

When I collected Ariél from afternoon work today, I asked her to phone Kyle at home and tell him to tuck the dining room chairs in so that Lily didn’t eat my bees. She looked at me strangely, but quoted my message to Kyle. She said there was a pause and then he said, “…what??!”

I have collected together my little box of collected things, my fabric, ribbons. I spread them all out then had to fetch Ariél, then buy supper things, then fetch Tom, came home and had to pack everything away again! Tomorrow, I will get a step further. I am attempting something different (will keep you posted). I have done my research – restocked my trout pond, nourished myself, with a lot of inspiration and help from Alicia in America. Now I will start playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment