Friday, February 4, 2011

365 Days, Day 241


The idea of linking colour and behaviour is reasonable enough. Anyone who has ever felt blue, seen red, blacked out, or turned green knows we're prone to make emotional associations with different shades (Winifred Gallagher)

The soul is dyed the colour of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny - it is the light that guides your way (Heraclitus c.540 - c.475 BC)

We can only paint with the colours we've stirred up within us (Author unknown)

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

Tom bought me my coat-of-many-colours Christmas before last. He saw the coat and said that I had to have it! It is very comfortable, and when I wear it I often get complimented on it.

Recently whilst standing in the Tesco self-checkout queue, I noticed a young lady walking past wearing exactly the same coat-of-many-colours that I was wearing! I reached over and touched her arm and said, “Snap!” She looked at me as though I was crazy! I pointed to our coats, and then there was a faint glimmer of understanding. But I still think, she thought I was a little odd.

Today as I walked into Tesco, a lady coming out said, “Excuse me!” And she pointed at me. I wondered if my fly was open… “I love your coat. As I am sure you do!” And she walked on.

I was rootling among the shampoo when a man said, “Excuse me.” I looked up and he said, “Where did you buy your coat?” I thought someone was joking – that I knew them and they were taking the mickey after having heard the lady as I walked into the shop. But no, I didn’t recognise the man. “In Brighton,” I answered. “Aah, Brighton.” “Where do you come from?” I asked, having recognised his accent. Of course it was, South Africa. I said we were also from SA, thinking he would have a bit of a chat, but he just looked a bit embarrassed and walked off! How odd. Was the coat resonating some sort of energy?

I do love my coat-of-many-colours and I feel good when I wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment