Saturday, February 19, 2011

365 Days, Day 256

Don’t say the old lady screamed—bring her on and let her scream (Mark Twain)

A storyteller is more than a teller of tales. Storytellers are entertainers, teachers and healers with a long spiritual tradition. To be true to this tradition requires ongoing renewal and inspiration (http://www.schoolofstorytelling.com/index.html)

Narrative has always been a part of who I am. When I teach I try to make the content come across as a story. When I learn I take in things like a visual story. When I make art I have a story going on in the background. I like stories. I remember discovering the library at school when I was young and finding a whole cache of stories to read! I remember Millie, Molly, Mandy stories (for some reason), and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (I was absolutely delighted by this story and became a Roald Dahl fan at the age of 10 or so. I still adore his children’s stories).

I found the website above with some wonderful courses to do, but once again – horrendously expensive. So I will weave my own little stories in my head and in my art. Somewhere inside me is a story, that is still being woven. Inside me is a voice that is distinctively my own. One day when I finally know what to I have to do, I will begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment