Wednesday, February 16, 2011

365 Days, Day 252

Tears are like rain. They loosen up our soil so we can grow in different directions (Virginia Casey)

Outside, the rain sometimes comes down so hard, we have to talk louder, and it feels like a miracle that the roof holds. It makes for a cosiness and a gratefulness, too, that you have the choice to not be out in it. You can sit at the table and look out the window and not have to feel what you see (Elizabeth Berg)

It has been raining steadily. I haven’t been for a Lily-walk in the forest for a few days. I have been feeling a bit grey like the weather (for various reasons). Today I was waiting in the car for Tom with the rain pouring down heavily on the windscreen. I peered through the streaming rain, feeling somewhat sad and pathetic. Then I looked further than the windscreen and noticed a few hundred birds swirling about in huge spirals in the sky. They swept in front of me (in the distance) and eventually moved out of my line of vision. They had purpose and direction in that driving rain. I sat up and looked and thought.

I was in my cosy car and had the choice to be there. Did the birds have a choice? What were they doing? What little messages are communicated to them in the pouring rain? How do they communicate in the rain? I was fascinated and lived in that Lily-moment…

If we looked further than the rain-filled windscreen in life, we will see the beautiful little miracle moments. Even if they only lead us to ponder.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment