Monday, February 28, 2011

365 Days, Day 265

A garden is like the self. It has so many layers and winding paths, real or imagined, that it can never be known, completely, even by the most intimate of friends (Anne Raver)

Accept that where we are, is exactly and only where we are. To begin the process of sorting out or lives, we must own and appreciate the circumstances we found ourselves in right now - continuously.

Realise that in this moment we are exactly where we once decided we wanted to be. There is no point in second guessing the wisdom behind our decision. It made sense at the time. When we assume responsibility for our lives, we will begin to appreciate the wisdom of all our creations, and we will find in them empowering lessons. As we learn, the solidity of our reality will begin to soften and dissolve, layer by layer, until we behold the core beliefs that created it (Harry Palmer)

I decided yesterday on the train into London that I was going to look at layers. The reasoning behind this was the layers of sound I could hear. I listened to the ‘music’ in all the layered sounds I could around me on the train. Underlying train-engine noise with an occasional clickety-click beat. Over this were various layers of conversation I could hear: “Hiya mate… you got a taxi wiv Claire then? ... So who did ya go home wiv then mate!? Alright see ya later innit.” A seat or two away an ‘Aussie’ girl catching up on her friends holiday etc etc. The ‘music’ was punctuated by a cough or a sneeze here and there. Quite fascinating. I imagined a contemporary musical piece called Travelling.

My thoughts are layered too. As is my clothing at the moment: another cold smack of weather outside. My activities today are varying in layers from housework, working on the poster, registering for some teaching council (can’t work again until I am re-registered), working on the programme, possibly doing Reiki on AriĆ©l, folding and packing washing, looking for jobs (other than teaching!!), buying new headlight globe, choosing and buying food, making lunch for two of my little chickens, chatting to a third chicken on google chat, playing with Lily who needs attention.

We are where we are: our, our layers are dissolving…

No comments:

Post a Comment