Wednesday, February 16, 2011

365 Days, Day 253


The day the child realises that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise (Alden Nowlan)

Today’s imperfect ramblings

I am feeling rather imperfect at the moment. Energy is low. I think I have too many things going on and not enough focus. I feel like I am floating through my life at the moment. Days melt into one another.

We have accepted an offer on our house in Estelle Street, not as much money as we thought we would get, but this agent has negotiated a fairly good deal within two weeks of sole mandate. It is an emotional journey for me; nearing the end of the tome of my most of my adult life…

I feel the need to return to South Africa for a visit…

“I hope your day is magnificent and filled with heaps of creative time” My email friend in America sent a mail that ended with these words today! I have not made creative time yet this week – my goal for today was to finish the ironing and to pack away all the clean washing. Some exciting goal! But I did achieve it.

I read today: What we see and don't see may just be a matter of perspective, like the ladybug who sees the leaf on which she sits, but not the tree the leaf grows on, or the person sitting beneath it. And the person beneath the tree may or may not see the ladybug, depending on where he focuses his attention. Still, all of these things, whether seen or not seen by the person or the ladybug, exist in reality. I need to have quiet time again (my monkey-thoughts are making my head feel like it is going to explode) and open my mind to the invisible, and cultivate a relationship with that which I cannot see…

I cling to my imperfection, as the very essence of my being (Anatole France)

No comments:

Post a Comment