If a dog was a teacher you would learn stuff like:
1. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
2. Never pass the opportunity of going for a joyride.
3. Allow the experience of fresh air and wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
4. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
5. Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
6. Take naps.
7. Stretch before rising.
8. Run, romp and play daily.
9. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
10. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
11. On warm days, stop to lie on your back in the grass.
12. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
13. When you are happy, dance around and move your whole body.
14. No matter how often you are scolded, don't buy the guilt thing and pout! Run right back and make friends.
15. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
16. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
17. If what you want lies buried, dig until you get it.
18. Be loyal, never pretend to be something you are not.
19. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
If people just would take these simple pleasures of life in their bad times... I guarantee that they would see the brighter side of "LIFE"
This is Lily looking as if butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. In reality she has probably climbed up and nicked the butter and swallowed it without it even touching her mouth.
Lily has charisma – she is a real little character. As a teacher, she practices all 19 of above ‘lessons’. As trying as she may be sometimes, she always has enthusiasm for life. Even though she spends much of her time running around on three instead of four legs – she seldom complains. She just gets on with life, no feeling sorry for herself (except when she is excluded from her humans, then she lets you know that she is very very unhappy. You have to hear the howling to understand this ‘unhappiness’!).
So thank you, Lily, for the lessons you have been sent to teach us. I endeavour to be more like you each day. I will definitely dance around and move my body more when I am happy.