Wednesday, March 2, 2011

365 Days, Day 267

My mind is a chest of drawers. When I wish to deal with a subject, I shut all the drawers but the one in which the subject is to be found. When I am wearied, I shut all the drawers and go to sleep (Napoleon Bonaparte 1769 - 1821)

You must keep sending work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you're working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success - but only if you persist (Isaac Asimov 1920 - 1992)

My beautiful new red drawers! For my art goodies. [Damaged my knee while trying to photograph the drawers this afternoon].

I am not an organised person by nature, but do love the sense of achievement when I am organised and everything is neatly packed or filed away where it belongs. At the moment my mind as the chest of drawers has no filing system and needs all its contents organised and sorted. Each day I think that I will make time for my art, but…

Today:

The programme for Cranford is almost finished, just awaiting, photos of the cast. The poster for Outside Edge has been started, but I am battling with Photoshop on my pc, so I have asked Kyle to try and help me in between all his own work. The forms for the GTC have been filled in and sent off with a cheque. Washing (x2) has been done, just have sort and fold load number two… (with my knee aching AriĆ©l has done shopping for supper and made a stew for us; Kyle has been dispatched to fetch Tom from work, still have to stage manage at rehearsal tonight). And so it goes on…

The contents of the drawers involve job applications; possibilities of studying various courses, the yoga workshop I wanted to start tomorrow (guess that’s out unless my knee feels loads better); swirling Art ideas, so many I don’t know where to start; car needs to be addressed; possible visit to SA; Lily is to have an operation on Friday; need to earn some (a lot) money; hair needs to be addressed (grey showing: Kyle said he has never seen me with grey hair before!)…

Never mind drawers, I think a diary and a written plan of action is called for.

Right let me rummage through my drawers and find my pencil and paper…

No comments:

Post a Comment