Thursday, March 24, 2011

365 Days, Day 289


A seed hidden in the heart of an apple is an orchard invisible (Welsh proverb)

The light of unconditional love awakens the dormant seed potentials of the soul, helping them ripen, blossom, and bear fruit: allowing us to bring forth the unique gifts that are ours to offer in this life (John Welwood)

So many seeds are planted in our minds. Some remain forever dormant. Some need watering…

I would love to pursue the dancing seed which has been planted in my soul this weekend. NIA dancing is a combination of nine movement forms:

Taekwondo

Aikido

Tai Chi

Duncan dance (think Isadora Duncan)

Jazz

Modern Dance

Alexander Technique

Yoga

Feldenkrais Method

NIA asks what the body’s way is and listens to its “inner voice”. It is a balance between yin and yang – male and female energies. I have discovered that I have too much female energy and need to add some male energy to my movements and to my life. HA-RRAA!!

Drip drip drip…


No comments:

Post a Comment