Wednesday, March 30, 2011

365 Days, Day 294

If the family were a container, it would be a nest, an enduring nest, loosely woven, expansive and open.

If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable – each segment distinct.

If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles.

If the family were a building, it would be an old but solid structure that contains human history, and appeals to those who see the carved moldings under all the plaster, the wide plank floors under all the linoleum, the possibilities

(Letty Cottin Pogrebin)

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful extended family. Each and every member of my family has a special place in my heart filled with memories of things we have done together.

At the end of our retreat we had a Loving Kindness session, which was a meditation where we silently wished Loving Kindness to specific people in our lives. I dedicate this blog to all my immediate and extended family and wish each one – in a quiet moment* – Loving Kindness: I wish you Kindness to yourself - give yourself permission to be kind to yourself; and I wish you thoughts heavy with Love; love yourself unreservedly [you are wonderful]; I send you my unconditional love.

Thank you to each and every one of you for the Love and the Kindness you have shown me.

With much love

x

*I can hear the birds singing outside, distant traffic, the sound of mom chopping something in the kitchen, my breath, the quiet hum of the pc…

P.S. In the photo is from left: Kayla, Aileen and moi (in new hat, and the apron that mom made for my birthday present! And yes I was washing the dishes attired like this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment