Thursday, March 17, 2011

365 Days, Day 279

One travels more usefully when alone, because he reflects more (Thomas Jefferson)

When you travel towards your objective, be sure to pay attention to the path. The path teaches us the best way to arrive and enriches us while we are travelling along it (Paulo Coelho)

Have shoes, will travel. These are my travelling shoes. Not quite as showy as my high-heeled pink boots (that I once wore on a flight overseas and almost fell on face in front of the South African cricket team at the airport).

The journey from Gatwick to Heathrow was smooth. Check-in at Heathrow was quick and effortless (although the man at the check-in suggested that as I was travelling to SA, I might want to – not that he was discriminating- have my suitcase plastic wrapped, which I did). Had to remove my travel boots at security. Had a coffee at Costas and read my art book – overlooking the runway. Quick hop flight to Paris, where I wandered about for a bit then had a wedge of camembert, and apple and an Actimel for my Tea.

Late night flight to South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment