Thursday, March 3, 2011

365 Days, Day 268

When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you (Paulo Coelho)

Dancing opens the way to the inner self

And paves the way for the outer joy

(Darina Stoyanova)

It's the heart afraid of dying, that never learns to dance;

It's the dream afraid of waking, that never takes the chance;

It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give;

And the soul afraid of dying, that never learns to live

(Bette Midler)

I have been reading about a dancer who uses her body to communicate – as her canvas to express her creativity, emotions, secrets. I am intrigued.

There are so many forms of dance, from the movement of trees or animals in Nature, to the packet being blown in the wind, to people moving to their inner or outer rhythm.

I adore dancing programmes but don’t seem to sit still long enough o watch them these days. My favourite is So You Think You Can Dance but it has nit been showing here in the UK so I think I have missed out. Last week AriĆ©l called me to watch Got to Dance. I was in awe of the creativity and brilliance of a male duo Chris and Wes – they managed to infuse their personalities and humour and technical brilliance into their choreography. They got a standing ovation for their final performance; I heard on the news today that they won the competition. Another brilliant dancing troupe is Diversity. I can’t explain how amazing they – you have to see their dances to understand.

I want to dance!

(Except my knee is a bit dodgy right now…)

No comments:

Post a Comment