Thursday, April 7, 2011

365 Days, Day 301

A chuckle comes from the belly. But a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows and bubbles all around (Carolyn Birmingham)

Praise is like champagne: it should be served while it is still bubbling (Unknown)

When Kyle and Roarke were little babies, I used to tickle them to hear their belly laughs!

Laughing is therapeutic and very good for the soul. A belly laugh means letting go and allow the joy to bubble up from the depths of your soul – not caring what anyone thinks. AriĆ©l makes me laugh – we laugh at crazy things when we are together. Sometimes when someone else is cracking up with laughter, even though you don’t know what they are laughing at, you begin to bubble and laugh too.

For years I could not tell the story about how Tom’s favourite jumper got ruined under the wheel of the car, because whenever I started to tell the story the laughter would bubble out of me and I would become hysterical with laughter. At the time, Tom was extremely upset about the ruined jumper, while I found I very funny, but didn’t dare laugh because he was so angry. The laughter kept bubbling up into my throat and I’d have to push it down. I wonder if I can tell the story now…

I often get a surprised reaction from strangers when I compliment them on their hair or their clothes. It’s good to express appreciation for something that looks good, while it is still bubbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment