Saturday, April 16, 2011

365 Days, Day 310


That "ol' black magic" is a fickle force. The chemistry of romantic love can trigger the chemistry of sexual desire and the fuel of sexual desire can trigger the fuel of romance. This is why it is dangerous to copulate with someone with whom you don't wish to become involved. Although you intend to have casual sex, you might just fall in love (Helen Fisher)

Shopping is better than sex. If you're not satisfied after shopping you can make an exchange for something you really like (Adrienne Gusoff)

My new shoes ooze sensuality. I did not intend to buy anything on Wednesday; I was naively walking past the shoe shop, and suddenly I noticed The Shoes were sitting in the window like a siren, beckoning to me. I was seduced. I went in and tried on The Shoes, the only pair that was left: a size too big. I had to have The Shoes: these exquisite little objects. Arrangements were made for The Shoes in my size to be kept for me at another branch – miles away. I climbed into the car and drove ALL the way to get my Beauties.

As you know by now: I love shoes. I usually just lust after them, not actually indulging my fantasies. I do not allow myself to get intimately involved with many shoes. It’s safer that way. I just look and admire from afar. My guard must have been down for The Shoes to have been able to fuel the chemistry. And I fell in love. With The Shoes.

When I step into The Shoes, I step into my imagination, into my world of fantasies…

No comments:

Post a Comment