Monday, April 25, 2011

365 Days, Day 319

Art is an act of the soul, not the intellect. When we are dealing with people's dreams - their visions, really - we are in the realm of the sacred. We are involved with forces and energies larger than our own. We are engaged in a sacred transaction of which we know only a little: the shadow, not the shape.

As artists, we belong to an ancient and holy tribe. We are the carriers of the truth that spirit moves through us all. When we deal with one another, we are dealing not merely with our own human personalities but also with the unseen but ever-present throng of ideas, visions, stories, poems, songs, sculptures, art-as-facts that crowd the temple of consciousness waiting their turn to be born (Julia Cameron)

The world is nothing but my perception of it. I see only through myself. I hear only through the filter of my story (Byron Katie)

I watch. Stories unfold. I have vowed to have notebook with me to write down the little narratives as I perceive them. Little characters that could pepper my story are just waiting to be picked.

My imagination is every active. Sometimes I see the stories unfold in human terms and sometimes in art works. Nothing is concrete. Nothing is real. Words and images merge. My imagination takes over: adding more images and words and scenarios.

It's all about letting the story take over (Robert Stone)

No comments:

Post a Comment