Monday, April 11, 2011

365 Days, Day 304


Earth and sea merged, the sea tossed itself in the air in a fantastic dance, into the shapes of men and horses and tattered banners. I stood in the lee of and overhanging rock and thought of many things (Knut Hamsun)

The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears or the sea (Isak Dinesen)

I sat quietly at the end of the beach while Roarke and Gina frolicked in the waves. There were too many people about for it to be a meditative experience. Children screamed and shrieked in the waves, they chattered excitedly in a game of football, with the ball flying into the waves if kicked at an angle. Mothers called out to children to come get dried. Laughter. Talking.

I thought of many things. Of how much my life has changed over the past few years. Of how I have grown – the result of leaving my comfort zone. Of how much my twins’ lives have changed in the past few months: exciting new adventures. Of how AriĆ©l’s life has so much potential, with so many paths to be opened. Of how Tom is at home working away to support all of us; how I miss being with him. Of how much I have really enjoyed my visit to South Africa, spending time with mom and dad; seeing friends; flying down to see Roarke and Gina’s new little home…

This has been a very pleasant interlude.

No comments:

Post a Comment