Saturday, April 16, 2011

365 Days, Day 311


If we do not see the beauty of God in this life then we will never see it in the next life. We must see the glory of God in the smallest flower (Gerontissa Makrina)

Man masters nature not by force, but by understanding (Jacob Bronowski)

In all things of Nature, there is something of the marvellous (Aristotle)

The petunia is growing out a crack in the paving. I have come back to a garden of colour and delight. Tom has been planting, and Mother Nature has been weaving. Last year’s bulbs and annuals have burst into flower.

I spent an idyllic afternoon being shown around Aileen’s garden in Fourways. My soul felt enchanted by the little secret areas of plants and objects that she has created. I am inspired to achieve this in a small way in my garden here…

No comments:

Post a Comment